Nestled in the woods and hills of Louds Island overlooking the calm waters of the Atlantic, the Plimpton family home was a much-needed escape from the hustle and bustle that was the first week of year two in B-school. There aren't many words I can use to describe the weekend but it was blissful to say the least. My very first visit to Maine also turned out to be entirely filled with firsts!
- It was my first time on a lobster boat.
- I saw and photographed the Milky Way for the first time.
- We went mussel picking for the first time.
- I'd never before seen a lobster be shelled and cleaned (and to be honest, I might revert to vegetarianism after that experience).
- The most memorable part of the trip was one that I couldn't photograph: phosphorescence. Have you ever seen the "Life of Pi"? Remember that scene when Pi put his hand in the ocean at night and the water lit up? That's exactly what it looked like as I splashed my feet in the chilly waters of the Atlantic at midnight.
The time spent relaxing and bonding with close friends in such a beautiful place was nothing short of magical and an experience I'll never forget. Thanks to Andy for making this trip perfect from start to finish!